Jun 5, 2010

Hair + Fashion: Julia Sarr-Jamois, Fayruz Abdiaman, & Tolula Adeyemi

Your fellow blogger is a fan of music, fashion, natural hair, and health as you can see from my blog (if you are a reader :-]). When I look at look books, runway shows, magazines, and some street style blogs, I rarely see models or people with REAL AFROS. At first, to me, it was almost like AFROS (or kinky/curly) and Fashion didn't go- why? I don't know, it just didn't. Don't get me wrong there have been fashion spreads and runway shows where AFRO wigs have been worn, and I really appreciate the shout out :)! But the fact still remains that it's a wig... you know what I mean?

I have natural hair AND at the same time I love fashion. At first, I was unsure how to incorporate what I already knew and loved with something that I haven't done since I was 4; which was wearing my natural hair. In my case, my natural hair is without relaxers and/ or weaves (I've never been a fan of weaves anyway.)I think to myself, "I really look like a young girl with my hair this way.", instead of embracing it. Because of Julia Sarr-Jamois, and a few other "Kinky Kuties" that are natural and fashion models (pics below), I think otherwise, and feel better! 

_______________________________________

            
__________________________________________

Celebrities attend a party to celebrate the launch of the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual held at the Getty Images Gallery in London.


No comments: