Feb 1, 2012

Robert Glasper Goodness: Black Radio (PLEASE LISTEN)

(behind the scenes of making Black Radio)
Heeeeeyyy!! I have some new tunes for your ears! I am so excited about this Robert Glasper Black Radio project!! It'll be here for us FEB.28! If you guys have never heard of him or any of his works, now is your opportunity!! This album will feature artists like Lupe Fiasco, Musiq Soulchild, Erykah Badu, and other of your favorite artists! One of my many favs from Glasper is one of his older tunes like 

What I have for you below is what is, so far, my favorite two tracks on "Black Radio". 
Afro Blue is featuring Erykah Badu (my aunty). This sounds like the streets to me--like someones life. When I looked this up on youtube, I read a comment that said 
"What is it about Bad Mamma Badu's voice?... I can't put a finger on it.....slow simmer saucey soul....enticing and fulfilling at once."
When I read this, I instantly just thought of tangy sauce HAHA! (judged) When I thought about it, her voice does sound like a tangy, thick, sweet, sour, and seasoned sauce! I know I'm a bit over the top, but really listen to this! 
With Valentines Day right around the corner, just incase you don't know how to explain to them how you feel, if this is how you feel, this would be a great tune to share with that special person!
This was such a genius collaboration. Musiq Soulchild's masculine and deep tone paired with Chrisete Michele's sultry voice and Glasper's effortless piano playing....AAAHH! 
(exploded)
Just listen! 

No comments: