Jan 4, 2010

The Young, black, & on The Road to Success- Diana L.



1. What school do you attend, and what year are you?
I attend Tennessee State University,Senior

2. Why did you choose this school?
I decided to go to TSU because many of my family member attended and spoke
highly of what the institution does for their students. What I like the most is
being around so many African-American students who are trying to make something
of their selves and wanting to be the best.

3. What's your major? What do you like most about it?
My major is Criminal Justice with a Pre-law concentration. What I love most
is learning the law, not only for my own knowledge but to inform others.

4. Are you involved in anything other than classes?
Yes I am. I'm currently the corresponding secretary for General Assembly,
Member of Alpha Psi Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc., and a Member of
Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity.

5. What do you plan to do after you graduate from college?
I plan on attending Law school.


6. Where do you see yourself, and how do you see your life in the next 10 years?
In the next 10 years,I see myself graduating from law school in 3 years with
a job at a leading Entertainment/Contract Law firm and working hard. Also
starting an non profit for young girls who aren't able to experience the fun
parts of being a girl. If it is in gods will, I would love to get married and
start a family.

7. What would be your personal message to younger black women that's on the rise of starting their college career?
My personal advice would be to stay strong,respect yourself, Love
yourself,and to reach out to other women at your college to help you grow up to
become a successful. Mainly leave your past behind you and find out who you are
and want to be. All while keeping god 1st and letting him lead you to your
purpose.

8. What would be your personal message to young black people that
don't value education?
Education isn't for everyone but you need to recongnize and set goals to
figure out how you will achieve them. Most of all have a plan that will get you
to where you want to be. You might have to work twice as hard but you need to
believe in yourself to make it. Although education would make it easier you can
still be the best and keep GOD 1st.

No comments: