Jan 4, 2010

BIG CHOP!!- Ashley Michelle



When did you get your big chop?
1-3-2010!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

How did you feel when it was done?!
Like I can't believe I did it n Im finally free!
and I thought it was really cute when I saw it 2...

How did you think other people would accept it?
Some would embrace it n some will think Im crazy 4 doing it, like now. Lol But I had 2 do what made me happy and not care about what others think.

What are you excited most about being natural?
I aint gotta do nothin 2 my head but wash n condition 4 a loooooong time lol
n I'm freee!

How long do you want your hair to get?
I'm not really sure right now, I'll just have 2 see cuz I'm likin my TWA
I may keep it short!

If you could compare you hair to any cartoon what cartoon would it be, and why?
Lol um...the little baby off The Cleveland Show
lol cuz his fro is cool...n mine is cool lol

are you dating anyone?
yep

What do they think about your hair?
He loves it, he couldn't believe I did it either, n couldn't picture me w/ short hair, but when he saw it he told me it becomes me and tht defines my beauty
n he was laughin @ my curls lol

Do you feel anything about yourself changing?
I feel I finally see my true self for the 1st time. I feel more...unique


What made you get a CRACK CREME put in your head?
LAWD HVE MERCY! lol
I went to school with alot of white girls, asians, mexicans, n black girls with "silky" straight hair n they made me feel inferior to them
n I wntd 2 b like them
2 fit it in and feel pretty.

What made you want to go Natural?
I got tired of scrapn up money 2 waste on perms tht only had my hair silky for 2 wks, got tired of the longs hours @ da shop, they hurt!
n when I saw "Good Hair"
that pretty much put the cap on it
I was ready 2 embrace my natural self.

What was the most shocking about finding out about perms?
that damn chemical!
it's dangerous as hell! I didn't know what I was doin to myself besides makin my hair "str8"
some scientists think women are crazy 4 putn tht stuff n their head and its the truth
its poison, even when its not in its rawest form.

MMMM.. SO WHAT WOULD BE YOUR MESSAGE TO GIRLS THAT WANT TO GO NATURAL BUT ARE ADDICTED TO CREAMY CRACK OR ARE AFRAID?
That they shouldn't care about what society thinks...if your hair isn't straight then you're ugly, not good enough, etc. Or if your hair is kinky, curly, or wavy, its "bad" hair. Black hair is beautiful and it's so many differents types of it. Its who we are and I feel like girls/women shouldn't strip themselves of that. They should embrace their natural beauty, embrace themselves and stop living by society's trends and standards.



No comments: